The CEOs of the 6 greatest cryptocurrency corporations in the United States will testify ahead of the House of Representatives on December eight.
The US House of Congress Finance Committee explained it will hold a hearing titled “Cryptoassets and the Future of Finance: Understanding the Challenges and Benefits of Financial Progress for the United States of America.” “following eight/twelve.
List of witnesses:
• Jeremy Allaire, CEO, @circlepay
• Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO, @ftx_us
• Brian Brooks, CEO, @BitfuryGroup
• Chad Cascarilla, CEO, @PaxosGlobal
• Denelle Dixon, CEO, @StellarOrg Development Foundation
• Alesia Haas, CEO, @coinbase Inc. and Chief Financial Officer, Coinbase Global Inc.
– United States House Commission on Financial Services (@FSCDems) December 1, 2021
The hearing will be attended by six senior managers from major cryptocurrency corporations in the United States, which include:
- Sam Bankman-Fried – CEO of the FTX exchange
- Alesia Haas – CFO of Coinbase, the greatest cryptocurrency exchange in the US
- Jeremy Allaire – CEO of Circle, a USDC stablecoin broadcaster
- Brian Brooks – the new CEO of Bitfury, the major cryptocurrency mining enterprise in the United States
- Charles Cascarilla – CEO of Paxos, issuer of USDP and BUSD stablecoins
- Denelle Dixon – CEO of the Stellar Development Foundation, the organization behind Stellar Lumens (XLM)
Notably, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong did not seem, whilst Armstrong and Coinbase personally had been the normal voices calling for regulation of the cryptocurrency field in the United States. Likewise, Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse was also not invited, but most probable for the reason that his enterprise is concerned in a lawsuit with the SEC.
The House Finance Committee has nevertheless to release information on the subjects and inquiries that will be place to the CEOs.
Cryptocurrency regulation in the US is having “hotter” than ever in the 2nd half of 2021, focusing generally on stablecoins.
Regulators dread that the fast development of stablecoin capitalization poses a risk to the stability of the money sector, as proven in the Stablecoin Report launched Wednesday by President Biden’s Financial Advisory Group. In early November, it was reported that the White House was urging Congress to build legislation to regulate stablecoin issuers as banking institutions. At the finish of the month, the chairman of the US Senate Banking Committee, in flip, sent a letter to the most important stablecoin corporations asking them to make their working procedures public.
Also in the final month, one more incredibly vital legal information has occurred, namely President Biden has signed a bill that approves a law that offers provisions for taxing cryptocurrencies without the need of plainly distinguishing who is taxed. However, there have been attempts to modify it by officials from the professional-crypto sector.
Synthetic Currency 68
Maybe you are interested: