The group of law companies charged with FTX’s bankruptcy situation was paid a complete of $38 million in January 2023.
Law company Sullivan & Cromwell and its partners Quinn Emmanuel Urquhart & Sullivan and Landis Rath & Cobb will acquire about $38 million in wages for 14,569 hrs worked in January considering that FTX’s historic bankruptcy.
On January 19, FTX Judge John T. Dorsey accredited Sullivan & Cromwell to carry on as the law company representing FTX, in spite of controversy in excess of the firm’s alleged latent conflict of curiosity.
In complete, the three law companies utilize a lot more than 180 attorneys and 50 workers members doing work on FTX bankruptcy, drawn from a wide variety of legal groups, investment bankers and fiscal advisors. Second ReutersSullivan & Cromwell and their associates charged a support charge of $one,500 to $two,000 an hour.
Specifically, Sullivan & Cromwell reported an invoice of up to $sixteen.eight million for FTX’s situation managing in 19 company days. Some other corporations concerned in bankruptcy liquidation include things like:
- Alvarez & Marsal Financial Services: Charged $twelve.three million for FTX Asset Cancellation for three,370 hrs, Financial Analysis for one,168 hrs, and Accounting for one,106 hrs
- AlixPartners: Forensic examination of DeFi goods and FTX-owned tokens charged $two.one million for two,454 hrs worked
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan: Asset Recovery and Analysis, the try to undo the assets that FTX did just before the bankruptcy. Record an invoice of $one.four million.
- Landis Rath & Cobb: Billing for hearings, litigation and dispositions. $663,995 regular monthly charge
- Investment financial institution Perella Weinberg Partners: Developed restructuring approach and correspondence with third events, as very well as efforts to promote higher-worth assets this kind of as FTX LedgerX and FTX Japan. Billing $450,000 regular monthly
Not only attorneys, the new interim CEO of FTX, Mr. John J. Ray III, also sent a salary bill well worth $305,565. Court paperwork say the new FTX CEO will increase $one,300 an hour plus a “reasonable expense” to unravel the woes of 1 of the greatest scams in background.
Last 12 months, Ray stated that “FTX is a complete regulatory failure and has a weak financial track record,” saying the exchange is an unprecedented situation in forty many years in his occupation.
Maybe you are interested: